I completely let myself slide with my whole wake-up-at-6-am routine in exchange for some much needed rest. After some long hours at work lately, I was wiped!
The sleep was well worth it, though. And I’m not mad at myself one bit for “giving up” on my plan because my body truly needed rest. But after all that glorious sleep, I was pretty groggy. All I could think about this morning: LATTE.
Personally, I believe every good coffee drinker should know how to make a latte they enjoy. I love me some Starbucks, and even if I could afford that every day, my waistline and my lazy butt cannot. Making it at home is so much easier!
EASY VANILLA LATTE
Are you ready for how easy this is?
- 1 1/2 cups coffee
- 2 tablespoons vanilla creamer
- 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Side note: has anyone else noticed that Blue Diamond’s Vanilla unsweetened almond milk mysteriously went from 40 to 30 calories a serving? Weird.
1. Brew your coffee. I usually make it stronger than usual for my lattes.
2. Combine almond milk, creamer, and vanilla in a sauce pan. Heat until warm.
3. Take milk mixture and put into blender. Blend until frothy.
4. Pour coffee and milk mixture into a mug. I pour both of mine into a cup at the same time so it’s well-blended.
I love how easy but totally yummy this latte is. And it’s only about 100 calories
I don’t use any extra sweetener because I find that almond milk and the vanilla creamer are plenty sweet already. If you use an unsweetened creamer, though, this will need some sweetener added to it.
Now that I’ve had my cup a joe, I’m ready to take on the day. The plan for today is a quick workout, lunch, and then off to work I go! Have a great afternoon